Northern Illinois Hunter/Jumper Association (NIHJA)
Riders, while reviewing the following show score results and point values, please be aware of the following rules:
- All ties for Champion and Reserve are broken by identifing the horse/rider having the most points over fences when applicable. In the case of a tie of over fences points, both horses/riders are awarded the extra ribbon.
- The half point rule is applied to all divisions except for: Short Stirrup Equitation and Long Stirrup Equitation
- The half point rule states that Champion and Reserve places are only awarded to the two top riders/horses in a division having acquired at least 1/2 point over fences. This means you must place in one of the top four (4) places in the over fence classes to be eligible for either the champion or reserve award.
- In order to be eligible for Champion and Reserve award, the rider/horse MUST be entered in the entire division. NOTE: it is not necessary to ride in each class.
- In order for points from a class to count for a year-end award (and for Champion and Reserve points at that show), 3 riders must complete the course. For Medal classes, 4 riders must complete the course.
- Points associated with Champion and Reserve (20 and 12 respectfully) are not used nor applied to the year end total for any of the equitation divisions.
If you have any points concerns, e-mail the Points Secretary.View Past Winners
Amateur Adult Equitation
Amateur Adult Hunter
Beginner Adult Equitation
Beginner Adult Hunter
Beginner Children's Equitation
Beginner Children's Hunter
Junior Equitation 14 & Under
Junior Equitation 15-17
Junior Hunter 14 & Under
Junior Hunter 15-17
Limit Adult Equitation
Limit Adult Hunter
Limit Children's Equitation
Limit Children's Hunter
Large Working Hunter
Long Stirrup Equitation
Long Stirrup Hunter
Low Training Jumper
Children's Mini Medal
Adult Mini Medal
Modified Adult Equitation
Modified Adult Hunter
Modified Children's Equitation
Modified Children's Hunter
Novice Working Hunter
Pony Working Hunter
Regular Working Hunter
Short Stirrup Equitation
Short Stirrup Hunter
High Point Horse
recorded to determine the year-end placings. Points will only be recorded if
the horse or rider, respectively, is a member of the association. After
a horse show, the points secretary does not receive the points and memberships right away.
Remember, patience is a virtue!
yield extra points with the exception of Equitation divisions. Equitation championship
points will not be awarded even if ribbons are awarded at the show. The only
exception to this rule is Short and Long Sturrip.